Build Title: Baby’s First Sniper
Class: Salarian Infiltrator
Map Difficulty Rating: This build has the potential for Platinum gameplay
*Most Sniper Rifle Infiltrators should use Damage, but even without the extra 40%, your shots are still very powerful. I evolve Tactical Cloak for Duration because I like having security for the Device objectives.
**Energy Drain is interesting. If you play off-host more than on, take Radius at Rank 4 and Damage at Rank 6. If you play on-host more than off, use the given evolution. This is because Armor Boost does not work off-host.
Valiant Goddess – by Icy Breath
Stasis: Strength (4), Bonus Power* (5), Bubble (6)
Warp: Damage* (4), Expose (5), Pierce (6)
Asari Justicar: Damage & Capacity* (4), Headshots (5), Weapon Damage (6)
Fitness: Durability (4), Shield Recharge (5), Fitness Expert (6)
* Choices may differ based on team mates, and comsumables
N7 Valiant (with level 5 damage mod + your choice)
This build is designed to take the N7 Valiant to its maximum potential.. Trap 1-3 infantry class enemies in your stasis bubble and dispose of them quickly with HEADSHOTS. Basic infantry should take 1 shot, shielded enemies will take 2, and the mighty phantoms will be disposed of with 3 quick headshots. Ideally your targets are killed after you first application of stasis, targets become immune after 3 applications.
When you’re finished clearing out the infantry use warp on bosses.
This will speed up their take down time for your team and hopefully setting up your fellow biotics for their own combos.
Become good with this build and dispose of enemies so quickly and efficiently that you could see the “20 headshots “award by the end of wave 4 on a good day.
Being the best phantom killer in the game is this builds’ niche as well as it’s motivation to abandon the powerful the warp/throw combo that most of the asari builds employ.
Gold Difficulty and Consumables: In order to maintain this build’s effectiveness on Gold Difficulty you will need to use consumables. To boost damage use high level headshot/sniper damage consumables, as well as the relevant ammo consumables. If you don’t, your damage will fall slightly short, and because of the “damage gate” you’ll need twice the shots to kill many enemies. The shield boost and power efficiency mods are also your friend, and you should be using your best versions on Gold.
On Silver/Bronze, you actually may want to avoid using consumables, since it could actually cause TOO much damage on infantry and knock shielded enemies out of stasis.
On Gold, your primary role is to keep allies safe from phantoms.
Because consumables are so important to this build, don’t use this as your first character to take on Gold. Use a different character while your learning how difficult gold is. Also not worth it if you farming Geth on Firebase white, or Geth in general.
Variations for Casual Players: Feel free to modify this build a bit if you want a more casual on Bronze and such. You could alter it to be more like the other warp/throw combo builds you’ll see on this page. Or, if your looking to become a different kind of headshot honcho, change this slightly build to add even more weapon damage and use it to turn a midlevel M-97 Viper into a viable weapon.
N00b Rating: (scale 1-5, 1 is easy for everybody!)
5. To be true to this build you will NEED the N7 Valiant, be a competent sniper, be aware of your surroundings, and hopefully have team mates who don’t knock over you stasis targets when your in the middle of sniping.
-edits by Lucien Midnight
Monster Mash – by Lucien Midnight
Bloodlust: Health Regeneration (4), Weapon Damage (5), Health Regeneration (6)
Carnage: Damage (4), Recharge Speed (5), Damage (6) [if you only play Reapers only choose Armor Damage]
Vorcha Resilience: Damage & Capacity (4), Power Damage (5), Weapon Damage (6)
Fitness: Durability (4), Shield Recharge (5), Fitness Expert (6)
Krysae Sniper Rifle with Damage and Capacity Mods.
I recommend using whatever buff you have for sniper damage as your permanent gear and your weapon upgrade. Sniper rifle rail amps will seriously upgrade your damage output. All the ammo powers are great with this weapon, but I personally enjoy Cryo rounds. You get a huge armor debuff for 2 seconds (50% at lvl 3) and you slow most enemies down and freeze others for better crowd control. I also like using the power recharge bonus for my armor upgrade. It allows me to use Carnage more often to reload cancel and take out enemies at close range.
This build is my current favorite because of its flexibility in a range of tactical situations. The Krysae Sniper Rifle, for example, is extremely efficient in long-range situations, but is also very forgiving if an enemy gets too close. It can take enemies out while they crouch in cover, will frequently allow you to decimate large groups of enemies at once, and holds a boatload of ammunition so you don’t have to frequently sacrifice a tactical position to run for ammo. The Vorcha itself has amazing health regeneration which allows you to recuperate from small amounts of damage more quickly than a shield can recharge so you can get back into the fight or escape a sticky situation. The Vorcha’s unique dodge allows it to easily avoid many projectiles (especially Geth rockets) by simply double tapping A. Should you be a crazy person and decide to melee enemies during a Gold match, the Vorcha’s heavy melee animation is very quick and will often give you the time you need for Carnage to recharge.
Because this build is so flexible, you can use it however you like. But here are a few tips to help you out:
1. Use Carnage to reload cancel so that you can continuously rain armor-piercing ice-missiles and fiery blasts at your foe. If Carnage hasn’t cooled down and you’re looking to reload just tap B while in cover and you can easily reload cancel that way.
2. Make sure you activate Bloodlust at the beginning of every mission and NEVER TURN IT OFF. You will die very quickly without it.
3. Use crowd control strategy and Cryo Rounds to keep enemies bunched together and staggered. You’ll get awesome multi-kills. In my opinion the Krysae is currently the best gun in the game [6/12/12]. I have finished FFBWG in under 19 min. with a team rocking these. We only used 1 missile. Primes went down before we could see them.
4. The Vorcha’s dodge animation moves it very quickly over a large distance. If you need to retreat or change positions, use this dodge to your advantage. The side and forward dodge are both great. You will regenerate health while dodging around so it’s a great way to stay alive in sticky situations.
5. If you are being overrun, hang onto Carnage because it will pretty much mess up anything that gets in your way at close range. Use it as a fourth bullet in emergencies.
6. The Krysae is not going to turn you into Rambo. The gun is awesome because it does so much area of effect (AOE) or splash damage to groups of enemies. Ignore a solo enemy with one bar of health if there is a group of enemies nearby. The weapon is meant for mucho damage to large crowds; every round that doesn’t hit more than one enemy is wasted damage. Let your teammates clean up the scraps.
7. The Krysae hardly has to be aimed to get enemies. However, you will find that by concentrating on being accurate and firing into groups at the right spot, you’ll be able to do vastly more amounts of AOE damage.
N00b Rating: (scale of 1-5, 1 is easy for everybody!)
2. The Vorcha needs to get a few kills and maintain kill streaks in order to keep up its health regeneration which makes up for its really crappy shields. If you get caught in cross-fire before bloodlust is fully engaged you will likely perish.