I will cover you boys – by Meleander
N7 Destroyer soldier
ORIGINAL SITE OF THE BUILD: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/13195573
Devastator mode: Weapon Accuracy (4), Rate of Fire (5) , Damage Bonus (6)
Missile Launcher: N/A
Grenade Launcher: Radius (4), Force & Damage (5), Grenade Count (6)
TV-5 Battlesuit: Weapon Damage (4), Headshots (5), Weapon Damage (6)
TV-7 Internal Systems: Durability (4), Shield Recharge (5), Fitness Expert (6)
Most of the testing was vs cerberus on glacier. Every test was on gold difficulty. Also while writing this i assume that it is for average players, who can’t make headshots each time they pick up a target.
- small damage,
- small area of damage,
- hard to kill guardians when using this weapon,
- crowd control weapon.
- area damage,
- stun enemies,
- crowd control weapon.
- this is a crowd control weapon. Destroyer with good rifle or shotgun can make a real short work of any crowd, so there is not much of a crowd to begin with. It can help you with crowd control, but this gun is wasted on Destroyer. Destroyer need heavy guns with high damage and a lot of ammunition. I am not saying this gun is bad for him. This gun don’t suit someone who can kill room full of enemies in the matter of two seconds. Besides, he have grenades, that are much more powerfull crowd control, mostly because they actually kill enemies and do that very fast,
Geth Pulse Rifle:
- very small damage,
- need to stay outside of cover for most of the time,
- killing takes too long (unless you can constant headshot with pulse rifle).
- 600 ammo in total, 100 per clip,
- taking headshots and you can kill mobs using about 40-50 ammunition for unit.
- when i was taking this i was sure this rifle will be a hit. And i was sadly mistaken. Weak damage, plus you need to stay out of cover, and make headshots while using it was a terrible experience.
- rate of fire. This weapon alonside with +25% extra ROF from Devastator ability have awesome ROF. But there is a problem. You will run out of ammunition really fast, while not killing much,
- considerably small damage. Even using all your ammunition won’t take out atlas, which in my opinion makes this useless, as a weapon for a weapon dependent class, where weapons are your main source of damage,
- constant reaload and looking for an ammunition (too fast ROF, too small amount of ammunition),
- you can’t cover-fire your teammates.
- high accuracy,
- small recoil.
- this weapon is one of the best weapons in the game. It has nice damage, but you still need a clip for common reds. It also have nice ROF by itself. Yet used by a Destroyer his weapon is quite useless. You need to pick-point small burst of shots, or you will find yourself out of ammo quickly. This weapon won’t cover you, and it have like 4 clips in total, while used in Devastator Mode. Also clips are used really fast. So to conclude it. Take other weapons, instead for Harrier, or learn how to shot fast, small and accurate burst.
- weak damage,
- bad against atlases and phantoms,
- shots in small bursts.
- can kill 3 guardians without reload,
- have quite good overall ammunition capacity.
- this was very, very bad idea, to use this rifle. Well, i killed three guardians without reload, or at least my notes i was taking while playing states so, but still it was a very weak gun. I wasn’t able to help my teammates, and well, most of the times i was trying to find a suitable cover so i can survive enemy attack.
- this is a “sturdy” weapon, it’s like handling a Banshee/Brute in bed. It’s just not easy for me to become one with it.
- awesome headshots, even without Assault Rifle Precision Scope,
- stun enemies on hit,
- need about 2-3 hits to kill standard enemy,
- good in CQC, in medium and in long range.
- if you don’t have Typhoon, or even if you have Typhoon you may (but if you have then you shouldn’t) consider taking this weapon. It wasn’t easy for me to get used to this weapon, but after one game i was able to pull headshots in medium and long range and defend against the phantom in CQC,
- this weapon have high damage, and while using the Destroyer Devastator mode you can easily and effectively fight in every range. This is one of the best weapons you could take with you.
- small damage,
- need constant shooting, which means staying out of cover,
- have only one magazine, with about 125 bullets, and no spare clips,
- after you will use all the ammo u need to wait few seconds before it will replenish itself, much longer time then just reload,
- you run out of ammunition real fast, with not so many kills.
- no need to look for ammunition, this one can replenish ammunition itself.
- maybe i am using this weapon wrong. But i don’t really think so. When you play Destroyer you want to be fast, and real fast. You want to fast reload, then cancel reload animation, then put the clip into your enemies, then reload, then cancel reloading animation, then put… and somewhere alongside those actions you want to put a grenades into attacking you face phantom, or some nice crowd staying together. Too slow, too fast to run out of ammo, too long to wait till ammunition replenish by itself, and you can’t reload. Nightmare, in every possible situation. No high damage, no crowd control. And a lot of waiting while your companions make a short work of your enemy.
- still quite small damage,
- still not good rate of fire,
- strong recoil doesn’t allow you use the weapon as you want,
- you need to stay too long outside the cover.
- stuns red bars,
- can be used in CQC.
- this one is definitely a big no. You need to stay outside the cover, the gun is not reliable and without anti-recoil mod you will shot the sky instead of the enemy. You also won’t be albe to produce high damage in short time. The gun is sturdy and somehow feels like it’s not created for players on gold or higher difficulty.
- medium damage,
- small rate of fire,
- takes a clip to kill living enemy unit,
- no headshots,
- high recoil (it is a weakness only if you don’t use Assault Rifle Stability mod),
- more like one on one weapon.
- stun enemy pushing them back,
- can kill a phantom easily on gold with one clip of constant barrage,
- i think the easiest to use one on one weapon,
- high recoil (it is a strenght only if you use Assault Rifle Stability mod),
- bombardment (feels more like a grenade luncher with explosing bullets).
- this will never be your primary gun, if you will ever consider even taking it. It can stun reds, but you need to stay out of cover too long to kill anything with it, making this gun useless when you will find yourself in the situation when there is more then one or two enemies. So no crowd control and no fast kills. On small maps with many enemies this type of gun is useless to you,
- yet, there is something about this gun, that makes me to want to have it. This gun is the easiest gunto kill anything that can be stunned on 1 vs 1 on gold. This gun can take phantom on gold. Thanks to the small area damage it have, and stunning ability, and high recoil you don’t need to aim, you just aim more or less and you will hit anyway. So assuming you will find a gun that can take of most of the situations, you can take it as a 1 on 1 gun, so when there is a lone phantom, or anything else left by his friends, well, i think you understand what to do then,
- although there is one things it could be very good for. On big maps, where you don’t meet too many enemies, you can take this rifle, and meet enemy one or two on one. Shooting grenades as a crowd control you can pick up lone units, moving around the map. Still, you will need to find and fulfill those criteria, which will not be easy, especially on gold and on platinum.
- none, besides you run out of ammo pretty fast.
- big amount of ammunition,
- can kill atlas with two clips on platinum (tested on platinum, but with full gear), and from what i saw 3 should be enough for banshee, and prime,
- quite decent damage,
- very high rate of fire,
- can kill multiple enemies with one clip,
- very good at close, medium and long range.
- i use it, and when you get it you should use it too. Fast damage, allowing you to deal pretty quickly high amount of damage allocated to multiple enemies. Good in almost every situation. Fast, reliable, quite accurate and pretty decent rifle (killing guardians is a gilty pleasure). For this character, you won’t find any better.
- for this character the biggest weakness is this is a one-shot weapon, like a sniper rifle,
- you need to replenish ammunition very often, so it’s hard to take one position and defend,
- you need to be a good shot, and any lag will make this weapon pretty useless.
- you don’t have much ammunition which is actually a good thing also. The biggest problems for me were granades. I was using them very, very fast, and if you will find a small crowd you can bombard them while shooting your Claymore, cleaning the room. With Claymore you can replenish your ammunition with Thermal Clip Pack, that will also replenish your grenades. But to do that you need to have used all the ammunition from a gun. With Claymore, this won’t be a big problem.
- you can one-shot with headshot on CQC and medium-close range every cerberus unit except the phantom and atlas (even with full health and shield bar, and i am talking no extra gear, with shredder and accuracy mod),
- high damage,
- can be used in medium range fire-fight.
- this is a very good gun for destroyer, i think one of the best you can get. With very high output damage, this gun makes your life easier. Also it can be used effectively in medium range fire-fight, which can’t be said about Pirantha or Reegar. Combine it with grenades and you can make a fantastic cover fire in a small corridor.
- you need to be a very good shot,
- any lag and you can leave the game, or pick second weapon, beacause you won’t hit anything with that one,
- you need about 2-3 shots to kill common enemy,
- it’s very hard to kill moving enemy, especially when it’s close,
- very small area of damage, almost like all the damage is put in one point,
- about 5 bullets in magazine, about 25 bullets in total, that runs out very fast,
- slow rate of fire,
- not very good in CQC.
- very good accuracy, making it not only medium, but a long range weapon,
- it’s almost like running with a sniper rifle, that is easier to use in CQC and medium range,
- can stun enemy, pushing them back (i was getting this effect while shooting the poor cerberus snipers girls to the belly in close range shooting),
- quite high damage, good when you need to stay most of the time in the cover.
- although this shotgun is not my favourite part of pie, it’s not a bad gun. I woudl say it is quite a good gun. Still, there are many better guns. If you want a sniper, you can go Krysae, or one of the Widows. If you want medium range, i would go for something diffrent, like Claymore, and when it comes to the CQC this gun is a bad choice. So although this gun is very diversional and can be used in many ways, what it lacks is specialization in any of them. And with this characters you want two guns, because you don’t need super cooldown for any power, so it’s better to take two guns that specialize in something.
- you need to learn headshots, otherwise damage won’t be enough,
- it’s possible you will eventually run out of ammo.
- can stun enemies,
- easy in use, very stable gun,
- high damage when you learn how to headshot,
- learning how to headshot is easy with this gun.
- when i was picking this gun, i was sure it will be catastrophic. But i found this shotgun not only a reliable firearm, even against phantoms and atlases, but a very easy, fast, and user-friendly gun. Running with it was fun on gold, and maybe i will take it with me from time to time, even if this gun is not a top notch. Still, it is a nice, reliable shotgun, and if you are new to this, or don’t have any good sidearm, try this one.
- you need to learn headshots, otherwise damage won’t be enough,
- it’s possible you will eventually run out of ammo,
- small damage,
- slow rate of fire,
- sturdy weapon (hard to move around with it),
- not the best weapon on CQC.
- semi-good against atlas,
- not bad at a long range.
- this is not the best weapon you could take with you into a fire-fight. Not heavy damage plus slow ROF makes this weapon hard-playable on gold and i would assume that non-playable on higher difficulty.
Geth Plasma Shotgun:
- average damage.
- stun enemies (can stun phantoms),
- can kill two mobs when one is behind the other.
- if you don’t have many shotguns or even many guns to pick from, this gun will literally make you Human Hunter, as strong and paining enemies in the ass as geth hunters to you. It have decent damage, is relatively easy to pull headshots, and allow you to stagger enemies, easy winning 1 on 1 against phantom.
Graal Spike Thrower:
- i found it user-unfriendly in medium range when there are many enemies.
- stun enemies in CQC,
- one-headshot kill,
- three-shots kill,
- two-headshots phantom kill on gold,
- 22 shots in total, 4 for a clip.
- this gun is very good, especially when you learn how to headshot. While headshoting you won’t have a problem with ammunition shortage, you will run out of it if you don’t shoot quite well. Although i need to say, i enjoyed this shotgun, because i didn’t need to run all around the map looking for ammunition like with Claymore, and was still able to headshot enemies with only one bullet.
- CQC gun, best in close combat,
- this gun sucks while used on long or medium range,
- need about 20 bullets to kill atlas.
- quite high damage, depends on how good you are you can kill enemies with double-shot,
- have about 10 bullets per magazine, close to 50 in total,
- you can go into small room shooting it, and kill almost everything inside without dying,
- feels more like a rifle then a shotgun, when it comes to the rate of fire,
- you don’t need to reload so often like you need the other shotguns.
- it is a good gun. High damage and high rite of fire plus high magazine compacity makes it very good gun in the hands of Destroyer. You won’t need to reload all the time, but you will find yourself reloading quite often, because it’s rate of fire is just awesome.
- you need to be very close to the enemy (CQC gun),
- you won’t kill atlas very fast with this gun, i at least had problems.
- there was always a problem for me while using it. One magazine for one enemy, maybe two. Then reload, what was making me to not fight too many enemies at once. With Destroyer Mode you can kill quardian using 3 bullets! And with more magazine capacity you have 29 bullets in a magazine.
- high damage,
- big capacity,
- no need for constant reload.
- very good, fast and reliable gun when used by this class. With very high damage, and a big magazine capacity it’s easy to kill several enemies without reloading. One of the best gun you could imagine for this class.
Anyone you feel the situation demands
Use cover, but not for all the time. You need to be moving. For two reasons. First, so you won’t be surronded, second, because you will have sick rate of fire. You go into CQC, use shotgun, use granades, and move to the next room. If there is too many, and too much of space to run before you get to them close enough for effective shotgun, you need to use rifle. Don’t try using granades, you will miss on long range combat. Just pick some good, heavy rifle, and start shooting bastards, till they drop dead. If too much hassle, take the shotgun and go around. Always use your Devastator Mode, never take it down.
N00b Rating: (scale 1-5, 1 is easy for everybody!)
2. N7 Destroyer is a very durable character. Treat him with care and you’ll be doing some serious damage.
GD Star Rating